by: Sarah Goode
CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – The Norfolk Shipyard will host a career fair on October 12.
According to the Norfolk Shipyard Twitter, the career fair will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Chesapeake Conference Center, located at 700 Conference Center Drive.
Individuals may be eligible for a signing bonus of up to $5,000 at Norfolk Shipyard for the task force positions below to support UIC duty stations: Portsmouth, VA; Charleston, South Carolina; Kings Bay, Georgia; Philadelphia, PA.
Hiring trades includes:
- Marine machinery mechanic, helper and trainee
- Machinist, helper and trainee
- Machine tool operator, assistant and trainee
- Welder, Helper and Trainee
- Pipe fitter, helper and trainee
- Electrician, Helper and Trainee
- High Voltage Electrician, Helper and Trainee
- Air Conditioning Equipment Mechanic, Helper and Intern
- Editor, assistant and trainee
- Carpenter, helper and trainee
- Sheet metal work, Helper and Intern
- Rigger, helper and intern
- Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic, Helper and Material Handler Apprentice
NNSY asks participants to bring a resume.