Walt Disney Imagineering has shared more images of the final block being installed on the Disney Wish, which means most of the ship’s construction is complete as the ship prepares for its maiden voyage next summer. .
What is happening:
- Walt Disney Imagineering took to Instagram to show an almost complete Disney wish, the fifth and most recent ship of the Disney cruise line fleet, which will make its maiden voyage in just a few months in June 2022.
- The last block was recently installed at the Meyer Werft shipyard, and from a construction point of view, this almost completes the construction of the ship.
- All that remains is to do the interior fittings and the installation of prefabricated cabins, as well as the installation of the system and of course the commissioning.
- This last block that was installed houses what will become the upscale dining rooms (Palo Steakhouse, Enchante and The Rose Lounge) and adult pool (Quiet Cove).
- If you look closely at the images above, you can even guess what will become of the Quiet Cove pool area based on concept art.
- You can also read more about the adults-only experiences aboard the Disney Wish below in a video from the Disney Parks Blog.
- When you take a closer look at the footage shared by Walt Disney Imagineering, you may also notice a ship under construction next to the Disney Wish. While there is no confirmation on what this ship is, Disney fans were quick to remind everyone only three ships were ordered by Disney Cruise Line, with the Disney Wish being just the first of three.
- You can follow more of our Disney Wish coverage here, as we follow the project until its maiden voyage in June 2022.